Do you want to do something nice for your pastor? I know, I know, we just celebrated Pastor appreciation day back in October, and you forgot the card but you told him “thanks for preaching at us”.
Well here are a few ideas from Thom Rainer on how you can encourage your pastor throughout the year.(You could even try one of these today, being that it’s Sunday and all!) (also the comments in red, are mine):
1. Let your pastor know specifically how you learned something from his sermon. (Noticing how he clicks his teeth when he says Old Testament names does not count.)
2. Help your pastor have a date night with his wife. ( Yes, he does venture into the real world occasionally, He has to find sermon illustrations somewhere.)
3. Confront one of the pastor’s perpetual critics. (Warning: You may have to look in the mirror for this one.)
4. Give him a book he would love to have. ( If he doesn’t like to read, cash is always acceptable.)
5.Do something for the pastor’s wife. (Besides complain about her husband’s sermons, wardrobe, hairstyle, children, etc.)
6. Speak publicly on behalf of the pastor. (On behalf, not behind.)
7. Pray for your pastor. ( Has it really come to this?)
For the whole article, go to thomrainer.com and read his comment behind each point. It’s really important to encourage your pastor to continue loving on us black sheep week in and week out.