Today is my anniversary. 12 years. It may seem like a long time but in terms of marriage, it hardly seems like enough time to begin to know and love my wife as she should be loved. I came across this post from Brian Croft some time back. These are some good questions to ask your wife to learn who she is and what God would have you learn about her.
Here are 10 questions that husbands can and should be asking their wives if they desire to study, learn, and understand how to best love and care for them. You will notice some are more specific for a pastor and his wife.
– What can I do to make you feel like I enjoy being with you more than anyone else?
– What are some things I can do to encourage you, spiritually?
– What can I do to help relieve the stress of life responsibilities?
– How can I best serve you in dealing with our children?
– What can I do to heighten your desire for physical intimacy?
– What can I do to make you feel our family is the priority over ministry?
– What can I do to help you grow in a love to serve our church?
– What kinds of moments when our family is together do you cherish the most?
– What do you love most about serving in ministry together? Greatest challenge?