Kevin DeYoung posed these 5 thoughts last week on his blog.
1. Being a Christian does not remove ethnic and national identities.
2. Patriotism, like other earthly “prides”, can be a virtue or vice.
3. Allegiance to God and allegiance to your country are not inherently incompatible.
4. God’s people are not tied to any one nation.
5. All this leads to one final point: while patriotism can be good, the church is not a good place for patriotism.
Read the explanations behind every thought here. Very thought provoking!